Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 503: 1999 Pacific Prism - #38

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Pacific Prism
Card number:  38

While I do love most things that Pacific produced in the late 90s, the Prism set from 1999 doesn't really interest me all that much.  For starters, the front is way too shiny (but not in a pleasing Chrome-like way).  However, I could possibly overlook that if the backside of the cards offered any redeeming features...but unfortunately they do not.  In fact, look at Larkin's card back.  There's a somber color image of him and a monochromatic "action" image buried in the background.  The entire thing is entirely too somber (and never mind the pitifully small amount of statistics offered up).  No, this isn't Pacific's finest offering.

Unfortunately for me as a Larkin collector, there are a lot of parallels in this set.  There is a retail only red parallel, a holographic gold parallel (#/480), a hobby only holographic purple parallel (#/320), a holographic mirror parallel (#/160), and a holographic blue parallel (#/80).  As of the time of this post, I only own one parallel (one that I have not yet shown off as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series).  I'll be sure to show that card off soon.

Comments