Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Barry Larkin Collection 506: 1999 Pacific Prism - #38 - Holographic Gold Parallel #/480

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Pacific Prism
Card number:  38
Parallel set:  Holographic Gold  (#434/480)

The 1999 Pacific Prism set had a number of parallels with the most common being this Holographic Gold parallel that is numbered out of 480.  The other parallels in the set include a retail only red parallel, a hobby only holographic purple parallel (#/320), a holographic mirror parallel (#/160), and a holographic blue parallel (#/80).  As of this writing, I don't own any of the other parallels (but I do own Larkin's regular base card from the set which I showed off previously).

For my money, the Holographic Gold parallel is MUCH nicer looking than the regular Prism card design.  I'll probably never bee a fan of black stamping for serial numbers, but otherwise the front of the card looks quite nice.  The back, however, is still just as disappointing as the regular base card (mainly because nothing changed between the design of the regular base card and the parallel card).

I don't think I'll be in a hurry to track down the remaining Larkin cards from this set, but should you happen to have any lying around for some reason, I'd be happy to give them a good, loving home!

Comments