Featured Post

Delivery Time! Infield Fly Rule - A Christmas Gift Finally Unwrapped (or at least blogged about)

Back in mid-to-late December, I received a surprise package from Adam over at Infield Fly Rule.  While I did open the package right away, it's taken me the better part of two months to write a post!

Of course, don't take my slow posting time as a lack of interest or appreciation...it was rather because of a lack of time on my end!  No matter, I'm here now...and let's take a look at the surprise package.

First, in a humorous move, Adam sent me a 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice card of Ron Gant.

I think that's humorous because I started opening a box of the stuff not all that long after Adam sent me the cards.  The Gant is a good looking card too, the full-bleed cards are awfully nice in the set.

However, the best non-Larkin Reds card in the package wasn't the Gant.  No, it was actually this 1992 Donruss card of Joe Oliver.

There's something about action shots of catchers that seem cooler than most other baseball images.  Add in ample amounts of dirt and dust and you've got a sure-fire winner.

That said, Adam sent me an even better card...even though it isn't a Reds card (or at least, not exactly).

That's an awesome dirt-flying-everywhere card of Vinny Castilla, though one could just as easily think it was a card of Deion Sanders instead.  I don't think I've ever seen this card before - but it definitely has a high chance of making my Frankenset (when I get around to finally putting that together)!

I mentioned Larkin a bit ago, and yes, Adam did send me a couple of Larkin cards.  I happened to have both of these already...but that's ok.  I never turn down Larkin cards!

As if all that weren't enough, Adam packed in another 20+ Reds cards that I didn't show off.  However, it was actually this finally card that really caught my eye.

First off, it's a Gypsy Queen insert from 2016 - a year that I didn't collect GQ (so I was initially confused as to why Adam sent it my way).  Second, it's not a Reds card (you can see it's Arenado of the Rockies).  So then, I had to take a closer look at it.

A little closer still...


Wow, what a way to be immortalized on a baseball card (as a non-baseball player).

I have to admit, that made me laugh!

Thanks for the great surprise package Adam.  I'll have a return fire headed your way before too long.*

Until then, should anyone else want to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!



*by my time standards.

Comments

  1. If that Collector's Choice box doesn't yield a Ron Gant copy, I'm glad to help.

    I didn't look quite that closely at the GQ card (poor fan) but I believe those are all Reds fans trying to get out of Nolan's way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment