Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 525: 2000 Pacific Paramount - #63

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Paramount
Card number:  63

Pacific Paramount is yet another set that Pacific released in 2000.  Unlike most of the other Pacific sets, Paramount is fairly pedestrian (you might even say boring).  What isn't as boring, however, is the various parallels in the set.  Taken directly from baseballcardpedia:

All 250 base cards are available in the following parallels.
  • Copper (Hobby only)
  • Gold (retail only)
  • Green (exclusive to packs sold at 7-11)
  • Holo Gold (serial-numbered to 199 copies; Retail only)
  • Holo Silver (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)
  • Holo Green (serial-numbered to 99 copies; exclusive to packs sold at 7-11)
  • Platinum Blue (serial-numbered to 67 copies)
  • Premiere Date (serial-numbered to 50 copies; Hobby only)

Ruby

In each pack distributed at 7-11 stores, each base card was replaced with a Ruby Red foil parallel.

Woah.  Pacific was doing retail specific parallels long before the current Topps' WalMart and Topps' Target stuff.  I wonder how many packs were actually sold at 7-11 stores?  My version of the card is the "vanilla" base card - and in what seems like a similar refrain, I don't yet own any of the other parallels.  Maybe someday I'll track down some of the other parallels, but truth be told, this set isn't nearly as interesting to me as many of the other sets which also have elusive Larkin parallels that I need.  I won't turn down a parallel if I find it (or am sent it) but I doubt I'll actively chases the cards from this set for quite some time.

Comments