Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 527: 2000 Pacific Revolution - #42

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Revolution
Card number:  42

The Pacific Revolution brand is a loud, loud brand.  It's also a bit of a strange brand in my eyes.  On some days, I kind of love it for it's over-the-top appearance and in your face attitude.  Other days, I find it to be obnoxiously loud and hideously designed.  Perhaps that means this set is true art?

Ok, ok, I kid about it being true art.  Truth be told, this set is definitely in the "over-the-top" camp.  It's got way too much going on, and while it can be fun in small doses, too much might actually kill you.  One good thing about the set is the back of the cards - a nice mug shot and then full career statistics (yay)!  I kind of like the baseballs in the background of the card back as well.

Of course, the card back gets lost when you look at the card front...  I mean seriously, look at those side-by-side images of the front and back together.  There's no good way anyone should suspect that the two images are from the same set (let alone the same card)!

Finally, because I do this as much for my own information as I do for everyone else, here are the available parallels in 2000 Pacific Revolution (courtesy of Baseballcardpedia):

All 150 base cards are available in the following parallels.
  • Premiere Date (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)
  • Shadow Series (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)
  • Red (serial-numbered to 63 copies; retail only)

 There is probably no surprise to anyone when I report that I don't (yet) own any of the parallels.  At least this set has a relatively low number of extra cards to track down.  I should also note that Larkin shows up in an insert set here as well, a set called Season Opener which were seeded slightly rarer than two-per-box.  I don't (yet) own that card either...  

Looks like I still have some work to do in finishing off this over-the-top monstrosity!

Comments