Featured Post

Delivery Time: CMMDTO Sends Cards!

Back in April, I completed my first trade with Jared over at CMMDTO (Cards My Mom Didn't Throw Out). Jared was able to pick off a few cards from some of the older sets on my want list, plus a single card from 2015's Topps Perspectives insert set.

That's Kris Bryant - one of the seven (now six) cards that I still need from the set.  I have to admit, it's been surprising to me that this little insert set has been that tough to track down - especially since the cards weren't rare at all.  Even so, at least I'm now one card closer to completion!

Another single card to nudge me a tiny bit closer to completion arrived for my 2001 Topps Stadium Club set.

This is another set that's been tough sledding to complete - but given how old it is now, that isn't as surprising to me.  Acquiring this card means I'm into single digits for my wants on this set as well (only 9 more to go)!

I think it'll feel great to get some of those sets off my want list...and I can feel myself getting closer and closer to biting the bullet and making another Check Out My Cards order simply to knock off the last few cards!

The third set that Jared helped me out with was my 2000 Topps set.

This is a set that I'm still not close to completing - but I can say that I got six cards closer thanks to this swap.  I hadn't ever seen that Tony Womack card before - it's quite awesome (the little bit of dirt being kicked up at the bottom of the card completes the image for me)!

And finally, last but not least, Jared sent over three 1996 Collector's Choice cards that I was missing.

The CC set is another set that I still have some serious work to do on...but hey, every little bit helps!

And, as people often do, Jared threw in a few random Reds for me to round out the package including what I believe is my first Daniel Corcino autograph.

That's a pretty nice looking Topps Finest card if you ask me!

Thanks for the swap, Jared!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to help me on my quest to complete way too many sets - here's my want list.

Comments