Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 541: 2017 Topps - #87-182 - 1987 Topps Rookie and All-Star 5x7 #/49

Barry Larkin
Year:  2017
Brand:  Topps
Insert set:  1987 Topps Rookie and All-Star 5x7 (online exclusive)
Card number:  87-182 (#09/49)

The 1987 Topps Rookie and All-Star 5x7 cards (from the 2017 Topps set) were an online exclusive item.  I managed to acquire my copy from an eBay auction - and while I don't generally chase after oversized cards (they are a pain to store) I couldn't pass up a chance to get a fairly low numbered Larkin card for my collection.  The worst part of this card (besides storing it) is the image is super grainy (you can't really tell from the scan but when the card is in hand it's a poor quality photograph).  Still, it's fun to add oddball cards like this once in a while to my collection...and since I don't own all that many serially numbered Larkin cards, I consider this one a "win" considering I got it for fairly cheap!

Comments