Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 549: 1995 Sportflix - #94

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Sportflix
Card number:  94

As I kid, I remember thinking that Sportflix cards were pretty cool the first time I saw them.  However, their allure wore off for me fairly quickly - so much so that I have never even attempted to collect a full Sportflix set.  I will, however, track down as many of the Sportflix Barry Larkin cards as I can, including this one from the 1995 set.

The card itself is fairly standard Sportflix fare (with a healthy dash of 90s weird fonts and colors thrown in for good measure).  I guess the draw of the "image" is that Larkin is sliding in and then declaring himself safe.  Cute, I suppose, but ultimately this card is a fairly forgettable one in my collection.

I should note that in addition to the base card, Larkin also has a parallel (called Artist's Proof cards of which there were supposedly only 700 created).  I don't (yet) own that card however.

Comments