Featured Post

Just When I Had Given Up on 2017 Topps Archives...

I had all but given up hope of finding any more 2017 Topps Archives blasters at my local Wal*Mart...so you can imagine my surprise when I was able to spot one last week at the store!  Of course, I had to buy the darn thing since I am still missing a ton of base cards from the set (not to mention I once pulled a Frank Thomas autograph from a blaster of 2017 Archives).

So, how'd I do on my purchase?  Let's find out together!

Pack 1:
17.  Melky Cabrera
73.  Bobby Doerr
88.  Salvador Perez
116.  Curt Schilling
130.  Robinson Cano
200.  Kris Byrant
245.  Johnny Cueto
270.  Mark Melancon

I've highlighted all the base cards that I need in bold, by the way.

What's that, you don't see any bold in the first pack of cards?

Well, that's not a typo.  Somehow I still need about 150 cards or so for the set and the first pack of the blaster didn't yield a single new card.  Let's hope the remaining packs treat me better.

Pack 2:
19.  Russell Martin
26.  Yoenis Cespedes
144.  Ken Giles
145.  Hisashi Iwakuma
248.  Andre Dawson
275.  Alex Bregman
293.  Jose Altuve

Jeter Retrospective:  DJ-13.  Derek Jeter

Phew, I almost made it all the way through the second pack without a new card but luckily for me the Astros pulled through.  The Jeter will probably end up on eBay at some point in the near future unless someone is dying to have the card.

Pack 3:
16.  Jay Bruce

66.  Adrian Beltre
67.  Edwin Diaz
139.  Phil Rizzuto
147.  Jose Bautista
191.  Sparky Anderson
201.  Roberto Clemente
223.  Jose Abreu

Ok, that's more like it!  Four cards from the third pack helped to make the first portion of the blaster a bit better.  I'll have more from the blaster soon - but my fingers need a break (as does my scanner).  Let's hope the remaining packs yield more than 6 cards that I need!


Comments