Featured Post

1999 Pacific: Do You Miss Card Company Reward Programs?

As I've ripped my box of 1999 Pacific, one thing I've noticed is that every pack of '99 Pacific is worth 2 Pacific Points.

The Pacific Points was a program that (presumably) was intended to convince collectors to spend more money on Pacific products in order to score sweet, free Pacific swag.  I have no idea how successful said program actually was but since Pacific went under I'm guessing the program couldn't have been too successful.

While it may have failed for Pacific, I'm wondering if a card company in today's marketplace couldn't do something similar...and if they did, would it help them at all with collectors?

Pack 25:
60.  Cal Ripken, Jr.

A great head shot variation card.  Love the blue sky in the background.

70.  Mark McGwire

Most images in the 1999 Pacific set are standard, so the few true action shots stand out that much more.

94.  Kerry Wood
99.  Mike Caruso
129.  Mike Jackson
205.  Jeff King
253.  David Ortiz
254.  A.J. Pierzynski
395.  Jeff Fassero
411.  Mike Kelly

That pack had a lot of great names in it too, especially for its time!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:53 AM

    I think that a rewards program would serve to keep existing customers happy, but not lure new customers in... so whether that would make it worthwhile is up to the company.

    Case in point... I have an app for Fast Food Chain "A" that gives me free food after a particular number of visits. It does not keep me from going to "B" when I want something from "B", but it makes me feel like my patronage of "A" is appreciated to some degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rewards program couldn't hurt. I'm not sure if I'd actually go through the trouble of clipping out "points" unless I felt the prizes were worth it. But I'm much lazier than the average collector.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment