Featured Post

Delivery Time! A PWE from Chris over at The Collector

About a week and a half ago, I received a PWE from Chris over The Collector.  The PWE was full of Reds cards - and, in a fun surprise for myself, there were a few cards in there that I had never seen before.

In fact, there were two cards from the 2016 Topps Archives 65th Anniversary set in the envelope.  Not only had I not seen those two cards before, I hadn't even heard of the set before!  From what I could see online, I think it was a Wal-Mart exclusive set.  The fronts of the cards are basically just reprints, but the backside of the cards is done with the 1975 Topps card back design (which is a little odd, but it also helps make these cards feel a bit different from the "regular" counterparts).

I've seen that Bench card reprinted so many times that it has virtually lost all meaning to me, but the Hatteberg was a fun addition.  I'm tempted to try and track down a box of the 65th Anniversary set but looking at the retail price ($25) for only 16 cards (with one autograph) seems pretty steep for retail. 

Chris did send me a different Johnny Bench card which I liked - this one from Bunt 2016.

I never bought any of the Bunt cards either, but I did open up a blaster of the 2016 stuff and a box of the 2017 stuff for a group break earlier this year so at least I'm familiar with the brand now.  For a cheap set, it's pretty nice - and that Bench card looks great!

The rest of the Reds in the envelope were pretty much ones I already had, but the three cards I scanned that were new made for a great PWE as it is.  Thanks for the cards, Chris - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. You're welcome! Glad there were at least a couple cards you could use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment