Featured Post

Delivery Time! A PWE from Angels in Order

Tom, from the wonderful Angels, in Order blog, recently sent me a PWE full of Reds' goodies in exchange for some cards I had previously sent his way.  As is customary for my trade posts, I thought I would show off a few of my favorites from the package.  In this case, how about a Top Four countdown?

#4:  Dan Straily

The Dan Straily card isn't exactly anything special...and, to be honest, neither is Straily.  However, this is a new card to my collection - and it's from 2017 Donruss - a set that I have precious little of. 

#3:  Zack Cozart

Cozart recently signed with the Angels which is great news for him.  The Reds will definitely miss his defense...and possibly his bat as well if last year wasn't some sort of crazy fluke (he'd never been a great hitter prior to 2017).  As for the card, it's a nice one of "Cozey" and I probably won't have many more new Cozart (as a Red) cards to add to my collection.

#2:  Ken Griffey Jr.

Sure, the 20th Anniversary Retrospective set by Upper Deck was a glorious monstrosity that any sane person would reject...but there were a smattering of interesting cards in the set - one of which is this Griffey card highlighting his trade to the Reds.  I remember the day I learned that Griffey was "coming home" and I was super excited.  Unfortunately, he didn't end up being the superstar for the Reds that he was for the Mariners, but I was still happy to have him in the Reds' uniform for all those years.

#1:  Joey Votto

The 2018 version of the Reds looks to be a fairly terrible team with only one true superstar player...  That player?  None other than Mr. Joey Votto.  The 2017 Topps Bunt design is incredibly simplistic - but I love its use of team specific colors and giant team logos.  It's basically everything that I usually ask for in card design (throw in the low price point and you have a real winner in my book). 

Good stuff all around - thanks again Tom for the trade!




Comments

  1. Um, can I get that Cozart back now that he's an Angels? Jes kidding. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment