Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprises from Collector's Crack

EDIT:  I have posted my new 2018 Topps Heritage group break sign-ups here.  There are a bunch of teams remaining (each slot gets you one team of your choice and one random team).  I desperately need to fill the break since I already bought the boxes (the thought being that prices keep climbing higher and higher)!  Thanks...and now I return you to today's regularly scheduled post.

-------------------------------


Trades have been coming and going quite regularly through the early part of 2018 which is awesome (especially since 2017 was a rather quiet year on the trade front).  It sure makes blogging daily easier when I have a pile of packages to talk about!

Speaking of packages to talk about (oh my, that came out wrong), Mark from Collector's Crack recently sent me a nice little surprise package in exchange for some stuff I had sent him towards the end of last year.

Mark started the package with a note saying that he only had a couple of cards from my want list.  That's perfectly fine though as I'm happy with even one card from my want list...the closer I get to completing a set, the tougher the sledding so to speak...so even one or two cards makes my day.  In this case, it's two more cards to go towards my 2017 Topps Gallery base set.

I'm inching closer and closer to completing that set - and I think that's kind of impressive since it was a Wal-mart exclusive set that (so it seems) most bloggers kind of ignored.

Mark also sent along a smattering of Reds including an autograph of a guy that I've barely ever heard of.

Since Bergolla was a labeled a rookie in a 2004 set, I think it's safe to say that he won't amount to much in the big leagues.  In fact, it turns out that Bergolla did get a cup of coffee in the big leagues (38 at bats spread across 17 games in 2005).  He hit a mere .132 which isn't good...and his WAR of -0.4 suggests he played at a below replacement level.  Ouch!  Still, this is an autograph of a guy who I'm quite certain probably didn't get to sign a lot of cards (he did sign 1000 of this card though according to the serial number on the back of the card) and thus I'm happy to have his Reds' autograph in my collection!

We end today's trade package with two more Reds, both parallels.

The Billy Hamilton is a pink refractor, my first from 2017 Topps Chrome (that was a set that I ignored last year) while the Cody Reed is a nice black and white parallel out of 2016 Topps Update.

Many thanks for the great cards, Mark.  And, as always, should anyone else wish to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Your very welcome and thanks for the Brewers dupes and Artist Proofs you sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brewers are available in my Heritage group break if you are interested...they are a better bet than usual since they also get the Seattle Pilots autos if we pull one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment