Featured Post

The Great Ohtani Search: Pack #4 (2018 Bowman Baseball)

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Usually, Memorial Day is a day where I get to enjoy a lot of grilled food...either stuff that I've cooked or stuff that someone cooked for me at a party.  This year however I plan to stay home with my little one (see last night's post) and enjoy some quiet(ish) time with him and with my wife.  I do hope to grill a bit later today - but it's going to be salmon burgers with slaw, not your typical Memorial Day fare!

I must admit that my passion for 2018 Bowman was really only strong enough for a purchase on one day...and now I am sort of slogging through the packs in the blaster wondering what am I going to do with the majority of these cards?  I'm definitely NOT a prospector so there's going to be a lot of trade bait here.  Let's get on with it.

Pack 4:

30.  Stephen Strasburg

I like getting guys that I've actually heard of, even if they are Nationals.  I will say that this is a perfect card to pull on Memorial Day given Strasburg's patriotic uniform.

60.  Aaron Altherr
66.  Victor Arano
80.  Evan Longoria
BP55.  Kyle Tucker
BP63.  Dylan Cozens
BP117.  C.J. Chatham
BCP17.  Kevin Newman
BCP63.  Dylan Cozens

If you are wondering, that's FOUR Phillies cards in the pack (including a pair of Cozens).

ROYF-WC.  Willie Calhoun 

The Rookie of the Year favorite cards are seeded 1:8 packs (or one per blaster).  In a league with Ohtani in it, I don't think that Calhoun will be winning ROY of the honors this year. 

Halfway through the blaster - so far there's been one Ohtani base (rookie) card which is a keeper plus a couple of other cards that have a shot at making my various Frankensets.  Otherwise, it's been nothing but trade bait so speak up if you want something, though I can't promise how quickly I'll be able to get a trade package together so have some patience with me!

Comments