Featured Post

The Great Ohtani Search: Pack #5 (2018 Bowman Baseball)

Date:  5/29/18
Tiredness level:  10 out of 10

Man, having a baby is exhausting.  Someone should really warn you about that.

I kid, I kid.  It's all worth it in the end, right? 

Actually, we've been pretty lucky with our little guy - he doesn't fuss much (except between 1 AM and 5 AM because that's how kids are).  He does, however, keep me from doing much else other than tending to him (diaper change and feeding every two hours like clockwork).  Still, this will be the third day in a row where I've managed to carve out a small sliver of time to write a blog post.  I don't think you'll ever see me return to my "glory days" of almost 1000 posts in a year...but if I can at least post a couple of times a week I'll call it a success.

Pack 5:

Yeah, I'm still slogging through this blaster of Bowman.  On the bright side, it does give me something to talk about without requiring me to use much creativity or brain cells (which are in short supply right now due to lack of sleep)!

7.  Keon Broxton
25.  Rafael Devers
32.  Tyler Mahle

Woah, two Reds in the same blaster?  That's unheard of for me, especially in products from 2016 or later (when the Reds have been particularly awful on the field).  Mahle has shown some signs of being a decent pitcher though I don't think his rookie card will be the one that people remember from the 2018 Bowman set.

41.  Freddie Freeman
BP49.  Nick Gordon
BP81.  Nick Pratto
BP115.  Cal Quantrill
BCP13.  Sam Hilliard
BCP23.  Jeren Kendall

Some new Dodgers trade bait? 

Talent Pipeline: TP-NYM:  Mets

This is a prospects card done right!  I love the idea of showing off an A, AA, and an AAA player from the same team on the same card.  Super cool.  Too bad these are 1:12 packs which means you aren't even assured of getting one in a blaster. 

That was a solid pack - and if I'm being honest, the blaster of Bowman has already exceeded my expectations and I still have three more packs remaining.  Truthfully, my expectations were quite low since it was Bowman after all, but still, I'll take the good news. 

Comments

  1. I'd love a shot at the Kendall TBH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All yours, shoot me your mailing address and I'll drop in the mail this week if all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment