Featured Post

Delivery Time! Community Gum - Gross Concept but a Great Blog!

Not all that long ago, I stated publicly on my blog that one of my immediate goals was to get all caught up with the piles (and piles) of cards and envelopes sitting on my desk.  While I still have a fair number of piles of cards remaining, I have made decent progress in that I've eliminated about a quarter of the cards. 

I've also started to make some decent progress with the various envelopes on my desk.  For many of the envelopes, the slowest part for me is getting a return mailing packed up prior to writing the blog post.  I've found that if I open the envelope, scan the cards, and then write the post that it becomes too easy to forget to do a return envelope (at least in any sort of timely fashion).

Unfortunately, sometimes I follow my own rule above and I still don't get something back in a timely fashion - and today's envelope is just one example of proof of that.  Today's mailing is courtesy of Jon over at Community Gum.  Jon sent me a package back in mid-July...and here I am at the end of September finally able to say I've sent something back his way. 

With the package finally off in the hands of the USPS, I can now show off the highlights of my end of the trade.  The entire motivation for the trade was a bunch of What a Day Allen & Ginter inserts from last year's set (yeah, I still haven't finished last year's set and now I also have to work on this year's set as well).  Being a set collector can be difficult!

Thanks to the eight cards from Jon, my want list was whittled down significantly.  For those wondering, here's what I am still looking for from last year's A&G set.
2017 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:What a Day:  WAD- 2, 16, 25, 29, 30, 39, 44, 45, 54, 63, 75, 90
Minis:Bust a Move:  BAM- 3
Constellations:  C- 3, 7, 8
Horse in the Race:  HR- 4, 6, 9, 10, 16, 18, 22, 24
Required Reading:  RR- 1, 3, 6, 7, 15
World's Dudes:  WD- 2, 5, 12, 25, 37, 43

Moving on to some other goodies now, Jon sent along the Vottos at the top of the post as well as three new Barry Larkin cards for me.  Getting new Larkins is always a treat - especially when they include some tough-to-find Pacific cards!

I'll have to do a little digging to make sure I figure out which parallel those two Larkins are from the 2000 Pacific Prism set.  The non-Pacific Larkin is numbered out of only 200 which is a pretty nice score for my collection since I don't have a whole lot of serially numbered Larkin cards.

Many thanks for the great trade - and hopefully my return package was worth the wait for you.  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer.  The goods is that I am finally getting caught back up so trading should (soon) be back to running smoothly and efficiently!

Comments