Featured Post

Group Break: A Question for You!

As a group break host, it is always interesting to me to see which boxes people seem to like versus which they seem to not care much about.  In a surprising twist (to me at least), the Pacific Paramount box seemed to get a fair bit of love while the Score Summit box has been left at the altar.

I'm not entirely sure why - maybe it's simply that "1995" and "Score" in the same sentence is enough to make most baseball card collectors turn up their collective noses, but even so, this is actually a really nice little set.  For those of you in the break who maybe don't own any cards from this set, I think you'll actually be quite happy. 

Of course, that's not to say that the set is perfect (it's not).  For example, the incorrect (?) team logos seem to be on a few cards and the Nth Degree parallels are way too noisy for my tastes.  Still, overall I've enjoyed the box break and I hope that you all will as well. 

It's now time to move and see what else we can add to the various team stacks.  However, before I do that I have one question for those of you in the group break.

What are your thoughts on me NOT opening up the Topps Total box on video?

With all the packs (and all the cards in each pack), the video will be obnoxiously long both for me to record but also for me to upload.  Since the Total set is basically a base card set anyhow, I feel like a video isn't necessary but since I originally said I'd do videos for each box I bust, I wanted to gather feedback before I change things on the fly.  If anyone in the break disagrees, I'll do the video but otherwise it'd save me a lot of time if I could forgo it (I still plan to type up each and every card as I've done for most of the other boxes - that alone should take up a ton of time)!

Now, on to the packs you call came here to see.

1995 Score Summit:
Pack 13:
181.  Don Mattingly - Yankees
58.  Paul Molitor - Blue Jays
176.  Cal Ripken, Jr. - Orioles
105.  Dante Bichette - Rockies
10.  Barry Larkin - Reds

165.  Ray Durham - White Sox
40.  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals

Two of the best shortstops of the 80s and 90s in that pack!

Pack 14:
180.  Matt Williams - Giants
59.  Bret Boone - Reds
175.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
106.  Bret Saberhagen - Mets
19.  Jose Canseco - Red Sox
101.  Eddie Murray - Indians
Nth Degree:  58.  Paul Molitor - Blue Jays

Two packs, two Molitors (this one being the over-the-top Nth Degree parallel).

Pack 15:
53.  Brent Gates - Athletics
108.  Ruben Sierra - Athletics
17.  Edgar Martinez - Mariners

14.  Andy Benes - Padres
164.  Terry Bradshaw - Brewers (wrong team logo)
169.  Roger Cedeno - Dodgers
6.  Tony Gwynn - Padres

Pack 16:
7.  Jim Thome- Indians
163.  Jason Giambi - Braves (yep, wrong team logo)
2.  Alex Fernandez - White Sox
1.  Ken Griffey, Jr. - Mariners

149.  Juan Acevedo - Rockies
86.  Scott Cooper - Cardinals
129.  Wilson Heredia - Rangers

That does it for now.  We are down to the final third of the box - and I can tell you (since I've already opened up the box on video) that we haven't seen the best card of the box yet - at least in terms of rarity.  Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. For what it's worth, I am fine with no video on the Total box and I like the Summit product. I'm happy to add some of the Yankees to the collection since it was a 'higher end' set back when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I needed that Ozzie!

    I think the videos make sense when it's a high end product or something where there's a chance of pulling something really expensive, but I don't think that's how Topps Total works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed opening up Summit back in the day. Those Nth Degree parallels are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, my opinion is whatever works for your sanity. I am sure the Total box will be a bear no matter how you present it, so make it the smallest bear possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what JediJeff and Madding said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment