Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 631: 2012 Panini Cooperstown - #23

Barry Larkin
Year:  2012
Brand:  Panini Cooperstown
Card number:  23

I firmly believe that Panini has a bad reputation among many baseball card collectors because of the drivel that they released in their early days of making baseball cards.  Case in point:  2012 Panini Cooperstown. 

The concept of Panini's set was solid, but the execution was flawed (and perhaps even doomed from the start since team logos couldn't be present).  For Larkin's case, it meant Panini had to give us an image of his back while swinging at a pitch on the card front while cropping the "head shot" on the back of the card such that half of Larkin's head is missing.  I also don't like the idea of black and white photographs for players who retired in the 2000s. 

Truthfully, I don't think this is the worst Larkin card in the 2012 Panini Cooperstown set...and that's saying something but if you check out this card I think you'll agree with me. 

In terms of completing the set, I am still missing a bunch of Barry Larkin cards from the 2012 Cooperstown set including:

  • Crystal Collection parallel (serial-numbered to 299 copies)
  • Red Crystal parallel (serial-numbered to 399 copies)
  • Blue Crystal parallel (serial-numbered to 499 copies)
  • HOF Induction Class Year relic
  • Autograph card (numbered to 199 I think)


That's quite a list for a set that I don't exactly like much...safe to say I won't make collecting the set a priority though I won't turn down any of the above Larkin cards should you have them available for trade!

Comments