Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 634: 2001 Fleer Tradition - #11

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Fleer Tradition
Card number:  11

I like when Larkin gets the number 11 in a card set - something that seemed to happen a lot more often in the twilight of his career (which makes sense).  In the case of Fleer Tradition, not only did Larkin get assigned card number 11, but he also ended up with a gorgeous base card.  The front features a nice head shot as well as an action shot of Larkin in the field.  The name plate is easy to read (and I like the team logo in the banner as well). 

The backside of the card is just as nice.  The card number is easy to find and you even get a small (color) team logo.  The cartoon is nice enough I guess, though I would have preferred to have the player "vitals" line smaller so that players with a long career (such as Barry in 2001) could have had their entire career statistics on the backside of the card.  Still, it's a nice retro design that I dig.

Another nice thing about this set is that there are NO parallels!  In fact, Barry only has this one base card and a single insert card in the set (which I am happy to say I also own though I haven't written about it as of the time of this posting).  It's nice to have a post year 2000 set where I own all of the Larkin cards!

Comments