Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 644: 2001 Fleer Authority - #26

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Fleer Authority
Card number:  26

The 2001 Fleer Authority set is most interesting to me because it features not one, but two different Larkin relic cards.  There is a jersey card (of which Fleer said they made 1000 cards) and a retail only base card (of which Fleer said they made only 250).  In addition to the two relics, there is the regular base card that I have for this post as well as a Prominence parallel (numbered out of only 125).

I don't own any of the other three Larkin cards from this set (at least not yet) but I can take a look at the regular old base card which I do own.  The front is very much a Fleer design from the turn of the century (that's not necessarily good or bad, it's just how so many different Fleer sets ended up looking).  I would like to get rid of the big foil stamp on the front, if nothing else.  The card back, however, is quite terrible.  A pitiful amount of statistics, an incredibly dinky team logo, and way too large font for the player vitals makes for an ugly, disjointed card back.  Heck, even the card number is kind of tough to read.


Comments

  1. I like the color image on the B&W background. Also like the way they used a second photograph... although there was a lot of wasted space on the back. Overall... it's not the greatest design ever, but I've definitely seen worse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment