Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 645: 2001 Fleer Legacy - #76

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Fleer Legacy
Card number:  76

The Fleer Legacy brand is yet another "look alike" set the Fleer produced at the turn of the century.  For the life of me, I can't keep all of Fleer's various sets from that era straight.  Despite their similar appearances though, I have to admit that the few boxes of turn of the century Fleer stuff that I've opened have been a lot of fun.

There isn't a lot to say about the card design but it should be noted that the front design almost looks like a Pacific design (which is meant to be a compliment of sorts I guess).  The back of the card, however, has a horrendous design with text going in two directions plus a mutated, chopped up Reds logo appearing in pieces in the background of the card (plus that white box with a logo and sideways card number).  It's like Photoshop threw up baseball card elements and Fleer just hit "print."

Comments