Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #15

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

I hope everyone is enjoying my ranking of the 30 MLB teams.  I know I've certainly enjoyed reading your feedback and why you do (or don't) agree with where I've ranked certain teams!  The feature should get a bit more interesting now that we are moving into the top half of the MLB teams as I see them beginning with today's post for team #15.

#15:  Minnesota Twins
Image source: https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2018/jan/18/minnesota-twins-hire-retired-justin-morneau-as-assistant/

I consider myself to be a pretty big baseball fan but I admit that there are certain teams that I simply don't watch a lot their games.  For the most part, I watch National League games since I usually watch the Reds when I can.  If I'm not watching the Reds (or if their game is over), I'll probably be watching some west coast teams that I like (more on those teams in upcoming rankings)!  That basically leaves the middle of the country unwatched, especially on the American League side.

I can probably count on one hand (maybe even a hand that got into a fight with a chainsaw) the number of Twins games that I watched last year.  However, based on the Twins' projected 2019 rankings (2nd place in the AL Central) perhaps this year they will get a bit more coverage (or at least show up on my radar a bit more often)!
Image source: https://www.rotochamp.com/baseball/ProjectedStandings.aspx

Finally, like many teams on my list, the Twins' final ranking is determined in part by the number of traders (or lack thereof) for the team.  In my case, I have traded with a few Twins fans, but not enough since I have a large amount of Twins trade bait sitting around waiting to be claimed by someone!

In the end, the Twins are simply "meh" to me - which a ranking of 15 out of 30 accurately reflects.  I don't feel any particular way about them, I'll root for them over teams I actively dislike but I won't bother watching their games given other (better) options.  Maybe in 2019 the Twins can change my mind a bit and move up my rankings for the next time I do this...or maybe they'll slide the other way.  When you are stuck in the middle, you have equal chances of going up or down!

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
to be continued...

Comments

  1. I wasn't impressed with the Indians off-season and I think the Twins made some shrewd moves. It wouldn't surprise me to see Minnesota challenge for the division title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like the Twins growing up... even though I was a big fan of Puckett. However things changed when Kurt Suzuki signed with them a few years ago. I quietly rooted for them unless they were playing the A's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment