Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #18

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

I'm rolling right along with my 30 MLB team countdown.  Today, we take a look at team #18 on my list.

#18:  Texas Rangers
Image source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Rangers_(baseball)

The Rangers are another team that is perfect for the middle of my MLB rankings because quite honestly, I don't feel any particular way about them currently.  Oh sure, in the past they had some great players (like Nolan Ryan) which I liked but they have also suited up a number of guys I didn't like (such as Alex Rodriguez and his gigantic contract back in the day).  Today, however, the Rangers don't really have any players that I particularly care about (positively or negatively).  In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to name more than five or six current Rangers - that's how middle-of-the-road boring this team is to me.

To make matters worse, there aren't a lot of Ranger baseball card collectors out there these days - and Texas almost always is a team that goes unclaimed in my group breaks.  Even worse for Texas, they aren't even close to the best team in their state, let alone their division (hello Houston for that honor).  No, the Rangers are decidedly mediocre these days and a perfect fit for spot #18 in my list.

Next up, another AL West team that actually has some star power.

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
to be continued...

Comments

  1. You and I are kinda similar. I'd say the middle 15 teams can be interchanged on any given day. However on my list Texas is not one of my middle teams. They're definitely towards the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wish there was more of a Rangers presence within the blogs. I have a nice stack of cards I would love to send off if even for just a handful of Cubs.
    The Rangers are not going to be an interesting team this year. I can usually name 10-12 players per team, but they don't really have many that move the needle whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment