Featured Post

Celebrating Good Customer Service!

It's basically human nature to complain when things go poorly, but rarely do humans give enough thanks when things go well! 

I aim to be a more positive person, it's something I've actively been working on over the last year or so (since it's so easy to be negative)!  I hope that a lot of my positivity comes through on the blog - and I hope that today's post is simply one more example of me giving thanks when it is deserved!

Today, we are going to take a quick look at customer service from a Kickstarter campaign.  Now, if you aren't totally familiar with Kickstarter, let me give you a quick primer.  The essence of the site is that a project creator creates something (game, book, video, object, whatever) and you, the consumer, decide to back it by giving the creator some money (typically different amounts of money given will give you different rewards when the project comes to fruition and ships).

This may all sound great (and it is when it works) but there is actually quite a lot of risk for the consumer.  See, there's no guarantee that the project you decided to pledge some money towards will ever ship.  And if it does, there's no guarantee that what you get will match what you thought you were going to get! 

Luckily for me, I've backed a fair number of Kickstarter projects (all but one of them board games) with quite good luck so far.  Today's post is one such story - a game that I backed way back in January of 2018 - called Dwar7's Winter.

The game is a semi-cooperative game where the goal is to keep the castle defended by taking out monsters and disasters.  You want to have the highest score when all is said and done but if the castle is taken out everyone loses.  I plan to revive my board game reviews on the blog (or maybe a seperate blog) at some point in the semi-near future so I won't get into the game more than that for now.  What I'm more interested in talking about is the customer service from the game's publisher:  Vesuvius Media.

See, when I got my game one of the little dwarf figures was missing his base to stand on.  It wasn't game changing, but for the cost of the game (board games aren't cheap at all!) you do want your game to at least start out pristine. 

I contacted the company, sent them the requisite information, and a couple of weeks later a padded envelope arrived with the correct dwarf (with his stand attached)!

Quick and easy customer service!  And for that, I give thanks.

For what it's worth, I ended up backing another one of the company's games recently so their great customer service ended up getting them a repeat customer.  That's a win-win if you ask me!

Comments

  1. Kudos to Vesuvius Media for taking care of their valued customer. I've used Kickstarter a few times and have a 100% success rate. I guess I only backed low risk projects. As for customer service... I currently writing a post that deals with that subject. I hope to publish it in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You done great work my dear really great information.
    Cheating Playing Cards in India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment