Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 655: 2001 Topps Chrome - #149

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Topps Chrome
Card number:  149

Many collectors seem to love Topps Chrome, but I can't help but have more of a love/hate relationship with the brand.  Sure, some years of Chrome are quite fantastic...but then you get years of Chrome like 2001 where the cards simply look too dark and uninviting. 

Now, the card isn't quite as bad as the scan makes it appear but overall it is a rather drab state of affairs.  Chrome done right is quite nice, but Chrome done lazily?  Not good.  In the case of 2001, I would stay far away from the Chrome set unless you simply like dark, boring cards. 

All that said, as a Larkin collector I am happy to have this card in my collection...mostly so that I don't have to bother trying to acquire it at a later date! 

Comments