Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Tim

Awhile back, blog reader Tim expressed interest in some of my available Indians' trade bait.  In exchange for some of the cards, Tim sent me a smattering of Reds (with the hopes that some will fit into my Reds' Frankenset) along with a Barry Larkin card and a few 2000 Topps cards for my set.

The highlights of the trade included the five 2000 Topps cards that I needed for my base set.

For some reason, I still like the design of the 2000 Topps set to this day (which is why I'm actively collecting it I suppose).  The set has just enough interesting photographs to keep me engaged such as that Jose Valentin card.  I'm also happy to have tracked down the Mike Mussina card as he is a local guy (he's from a town about an hour or so away from my house).

Tim also included a Barry Larkin card for me.

I'm always happy to land new Larkin cards!  This card will get its own time to shine in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't think Tim for the pile of Reds for my Frankenset.  Unfortunately for me, a number of the cards Tim sent for the Frankenset were cards from sets I've already collected.  My Frankenset rule is that I won't include cards that already live in a different binder of mine (so you won't see any Barry Larkin cards in my Reds' Frankenset either).  Still, there were a few cards that have a chance to make it into my set - and some that will for sure since they fill what is otherwise an empty space for a particular card number.

Thanks again for the trade, Tim.  I hope you enjoy the Indians cards that I sent your way in return.  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and then make me an offer!

Comments

  1. Wow, we sure don't see 2000 Topps flagship cards mentioned very often in the blogosphere. The basic design is very understated (some would say bland, or worse). But I like the design, too. I also want to complete the Aaron reprints insert set someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment