Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 661: 2001 Topps Stadium Club - #7

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Topps Stadium Club
Card number:  7

I think this particular Larkin card is one of my all-time favorites, at least out of the Stadium Club brand.  The card has a lot of good stuff going for it including a nice overall design (both front and back).  The real highlight though, of course, is the image on the card front.  I love Larkin's enthusiasm as well as all the dust flying around - plus it's from an interleague game which wasn't nearly so common on baseball cards in 2001!

I like the 2001 Stadium Club set so much that it's one of the sets that I'm actively trying to complete.  As of the time of this post, I'm quite close to completion - all I need from the base set are cards:  117, 166, 167, 168, 186, 188, 191, 196, and 197.  The set is full of great images, but honestly, that Larkin photo is probably a Top 10 image in the set even if it weren't of my all-time favorite player!

Comments

  1. Still my favorite Stadium Club design! And you're 100% right on the fantastic photo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment