Featured Post

Delivery Time! Something Old and Something New!

More spoils from my Trade Stack series arrived at my house not all that long ago, this time from blog reader Mark.  Mark sent me a pair of cool items - one quite old and one quite new!

Let's start with the old item:

I believe this is a Topps Magazine photograph but I could be completely wrong on that.  It's definitely a cool, unique piece for my collection as I've never seen such pictures before (if you can't tell from the scan, the photo is printed on what is essentially newspaper stock).

From old to new, the other item Mark sent my way was this awesome 2019 Joey Votto from Utz and Topps.

Around me, Utz is a potato chip company but I haven't seen any sign of baseball cards within their packaging (truth be told, I rarely buy Utz stuff but still, baseball cards might make me buy more)!  As it stands, this is actually my first 2019 baseball card in my collection!  I still haven't bought a single 2019 card but thanks to Mark I'm no longer shutout on the year!

Thanks to Mark (and my Trade Stack feature), mail days continue to be a lot of fun as I never know for sure what I might find sent my way.  This particular mail day (actually two mail days since the items arrived in separate PWEs) was a lot of fun because it truly was a tale of both old and new, familiar and unfamiliar.  In any case, it was a lot of fun, so thank you Mark for the entertainment this week!

As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade - be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. The Cárdenas is a 1967 Topps poster. They were inserted in packs. That’s why you see fold marks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment