Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 674: 2001 Upper Deck Vintage - #322

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Upper Deck Vintage
Card number:  322

I'm in the midst of scanning and writing about a number of different cards produced by Upper Deck in 2001.  For the most part, I feel like I've been railing against most of the sets - but even Upper Deck struck gold once in a while back in '01.  The Upper Deck Vintage set is a glorious throwback inspired set (clearly a rip-off of 1963 Topps but that doesn't bother me as much as it might other people).

Instead, I choose to focus on how great this particular set is.  The card fronts are spectacular - a giant close-up plus an action shot inset, easy to read player and team name, and no foil to be found!  The card backs are also quite nice - notice the career statistics! 

All things considered, this is one of my favorite Larkin cards in 2001, not just from Upper Deck but from all brands!

Comments