Featured Post

Calling Myself Safe!

It's been a couple of days since I've reached into my box of 1992 Upper Deck and opened up some packs.  I definitely want to get the box opened so that I can then sort everything and see exactly how close I end up being to completing the entire base set.  Of course, I'll have to go through my big binder of '92 Upper Deck as well to combine everything so what I'm saying is that I have quite a bit of work ahead of me.

But first:  There are packs to rip!

Pack 13:

As with previous posts, I plan to only highlight the best or most interesting card(s) for each of the packs.  Pack 13 had another Ted Williams card in it but the card that immediately caught my eye was the Joe Hesketh card.  I can't imagine that Joe was particularly fond of the image that Upper Deck chose for him.  That's all I'm saying about that.

Pack 14:

Upper Deck liked doing these multiple exposure cards.  There are a few in this set I believe including the Jose Canseco you see above.  I think cards like that are kind of gimmicky, but I will admit that it caught my eye as I thumbed through the pack so maybe Upper Deck knew what they were doing!

Pack 15:

One of the coolest images that I've seen yet from any cards that I've pulled from the box.  You don't often get to see baseball players trying to serve as an umpire on a card (even though it happens fairly often in the course of a ballgame/season). 

Only three more packs to go until I have half the box ripped.  Amazingly, I have yet to find a card numbered 1-49!!

Comments

  1. I am really enjoying your posts with these 1992 Upper Deck cards. It is showing me some cards that I want to look out for a new collection that I am starting. That Jose Canseco really caught my eye, and I am not a Canseco collector, but if you would get a double of that card, would you think of me in possibly trading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be getting old, because I've busted a ton of 1992 Upper Deck... plus I'm an A's fan... but I don't remember seeing that multiple exposure Canseco. Very cool card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment