Featured Post

Flashback Friday! 2007 Bowman Heritage: Who's Got Rookies?

Now that I'm back in the States, I'm trying to get by blogging routine up and running as well.  I haven't yet finished sorting through my box of 1992 Upper Deck (I'll share the results of that sorting process when I can) so for today's Flashback Friday I'm dipping into my pack stash and ripping a pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage.

I actually like the '07 Bowman Heritage set a lot.  In fact, it was a set that I considered collecting for quite some time (I bought a fair bit of the product when it was originally released).  However, space constraints (among other things) made me choose to give up on collecting the set - but there are still uses for sets like this in either of my two Frankensets (Reds or non-Reds sets) as well as trade bait!

This particular pack is supposed to have "8 official picture cards."  That's a relief, I would hate to have unofficial picture cards.

120.  Jorge Posada
87.  David DeJesus
216.  Curtis Thigpen (rookie)
BHP15.  Greg Reynolds
BHP31.  Josh Rodriguez
77.  Ronnie Belliard
125.  Roy Oswalt
Rainbow foilboard:  209.  Tyler Clippard (rookie)

Hmm, eight cards in the pack and only two got the official rookie card designation by Topps.  I had expected more than that in a Bowman brand.  The two Bowman Prospects cards are a waste of cardboard in my opinion - I'd much rather have a two more base cards since I like the base set quite a bit.  Overall, not a lot to love here for my personal collections - really only the Posada and Oswalt even have a chance to make it into my Frankenset but since I don't particularly care for either player it's unlikely either will make the binder.

That said, it's always fun to rip a pack of cards - I'm suffering from a bit of a pack ripping withdrawal in 2019 since I have yet to buy a single pack of new product.  Luckily, I have enough old stuff like this Bowman Heritage pack lying around to keep the pack rip itching mostly at bay!

Comments

  1. That Posada is cool with Old Yankee Stadium in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment