Featured Post

Flashback Friday! A Rack Pack from 2011 - Will it Hold the Missing Johnny Bench I need?

Happy Friday, everyone!  It's time for another Flashback Friday here at Nachos Grande and this time we are going back to the year 2011 for a rack pack of Topps Lineage.

Back when Lineage was released, I became enamored with the set and spent way more money than I ever should have buying the stuff.  In the end, I decided on collecting not just the base set but also all of the various parallels for each of the Reds in the set.  I also went after all of the insert cards (and relics) featuring Reds. 

Unfortunately for me, other people didn't fall as in love with the set as I did and so trading for the set dried up fairly quickly.  As such, I still have a few cards on my want list from the 2011 set:
2011 Topps Lineage:
1975 mini parallels: 
 33, 103
Topps Giants (box toppers):  TG7 (Votto)
1975 Mini relics:  75R-JBE (Johnny Bench), 75R-TP (Tony Perez)
How cool would it be if this rack pack held something I actually needed?   Obviously, I won't get the box topper card but the other cards aren't out of the question. 

According to the pack wrapper, the mini parallels are seeded 1:4 packs and the relics are either 1:10, 1:115, or 1:2,200 depending on which group the player is in.  I never did bother to look up which grouping Bench and Perez belong to but I'm guessing it's one of the two rarer seeded groups.




Anyhow, enough rambling, let's get to this pack!



Upper Half:
146.  Freddie Freeman

134.  John Danks
123.  Andre Ethier
Platinum diamond parallel:  163.  Jered Weaver

26.  Grady Sizemore
19.  Larry Walker
2.  Derek Jeter

The Freeman rookie is nice as is the Weaver parallel (though I do wish I didn't pull a parallel of an Angel since there aren't that many Angel collectors out there that I seem to trade with). 

Bottom Half:
Checklist 2 of 4
104.  Miguel Montero
168.  Delmon Young
154.  Fergie Jenkins

12.  Elvis Andrus
24.  Tsuyoshi Nishioka
38.  Chris Carpenter
47.  Lance Berkman

Other than the Fergie Jenkins, the bottom half of the pack didn't offer up much of interest (to me at least).  I have all the base cards already (and I'm not collecting the parallels unless they are Reds) and so everything you see here is for trade.  In fact, not only do I have the above cards but I have a SLEW of 2011 Topps Lineage cards available for trade (including some inserts).  You can find my full list of trade bait from the set here.

My thanks to Dennis for the prize of many unopened packs - this happened to be one of them from that pile (and one that I was excited to open since there was an outside shot of me getting a card that I needed for my set in it)!  Even though I didn't get anything new, it's always fun to rip packs - and now I have even more trade bait for other people.

Comments

  1. I didn't return to collecting until 2012 so missed this initial release. I liked the clean design. Would've made a nice flagship release. I do pick up singles regularly and may complete the set one day. I have the complete holofoil set which looks sharp in a binder. Good luck on your pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I also liked this set. Completed the base set and the '75 minis. This was the precursor to Archives but Lineage just seemed more exciting and less regimented. Archives just isn't as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the card fronts... but the backs were not my style. They remind me of some run of the mill modern Topps insert back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment