Featured Post

2019 Topps Allen & Ginter: My Final Hobby Box

Well, it's been a fun ride but all good things have to come to an end at some point.  My stash of four unopened 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter hobby boxes has been quickly whittled down to the point where I now have only one more box to rip open.  Let's get to it!

Box 4:

Box topper:

That's a Juan Soto cabinet box loader and as I said when I pulled the similar Bryce Harper cabinet card, I don't plan on collecting these so it's up for trade/sale.  Now, let's get on to the main event which is the 24 remaining packs in the box!

Pack 1:

The first pack starts off nicely with a Jose Altuve A&G back mini.  I've started to collect Altuve as a player that I like a lot so this is a nice card to get for my own collection!

Packs 2 - 3:

Our first mini insert of the box is one of the lovely Collectible Canines:  the English Springer Spaniel.  Of all the mini inserts, I'll probably end up closest to completing this set when all is said and done since it's the most commonly seeded mini set this year.

Packs 4 - 7:

A bunch of regular minis, plus some full-sized inserts I already owned, meant a few boring packs but that all changed once I ripped open and found this wonderful In Bloom mini.

The In Bloom minis are particularly eye-catching because they have such vibrant colors, something that Ginter isn't exactly known for!

Pack 8:

For the third box (out of four), the hit can be found in the bottom pack of the column.  My first full-sized relic hit of the box ends up being another non-baseball player:  Rhea Butcher - a comedian.  Once again, my lack of knowledge of current pop culture rears its ugly head because I have never heard of Butcher before now.  Still, I appreciate that the color of the included bit of fabric is something other than plain white or gray!

Two mini inserts, a non-baseball relic, and a Jose Altuve mini for me - not a bad start to the final box. 

Comments

  1. I can't not think of the Nirvana song when I see that In Bloom card. The vast array of subjects in your break is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love Ginter (and why so many others hate it I guess)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhea Butcher is pretty cool. If you have Netflix, I'd recommend the show Adam Ruins Everything, that features her in a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and nice break! It was fun reading along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Cabinet box topper design this year. I'm not sure how much A&G I'm going to end up buying, but I think 2019 is one of Topps' strongest efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment