Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 681: 2002 Donruss Super Estrellas - #24

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Donruss Super Estrellas
Card number:  24

I don't own a lot of foreign language Barry Larkin cards and this might very well be the only foreign language Donruss card in my collection.  This happens to be the only Larkin card in the 2002 set - at least from what I can tell (no parallels, inserts, etc. featuring Barry). 

Truthfully, the only thing notable about this card set is that it's all in Spanish.  Otherwise, it's exceedingly "turn of the century Donruss-y" which isn't exactly meant as a compliment.  I'm glad to have the card in my collection but I'm also not sad to see that Larkin only has one card in the set.

Comments

  1. I'll take a stab at that! "Larkin finally closed the door in 2001 for a special distinction in 2001 [sic]. Against the Mets on April 20, this player, an 11-time All-Star, hit his first home run with the bases loaded, a shot to left field in the second inning, off pitcher Al Leiter. He had gone 3764 at-bats without hitting a home run with the bases loaded, most in the Majors."

    Might be worth looking to see if you have any Spanish Pacific or Topps cards in your Larkin PC. I should too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment