Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 685: 2002 Fleer Authentix - #32

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Authentix
Card number:  32

I always thought that the Fleer Authentix "gimmick" of looking like a ticket stub was kind of cool.  The design concept also made for easy parallels - something that Fleer took advantage of with a second row parallel  (#/250) and a front row parallel (#/150).  Of course, Fleer also printed base cards which is what I have for today's Larkin Collection post (note:  as of the time of this post I don't own either of the parallels from the set).

Turning our attention to the specific Larkin card at hand, I like the front design quite a bit - especially the large team logo behind the player.  The back is a bit too sparse for my liking, though including the little bit about the player's home stadium was a nice nod to the set's theme. 

Overall, this is a simple card but for whatever reason I kind of dig it.  I won't be chasing the full set any time soon but as a one-of in my collection (unless I someday track down the parallels of course), it's pretty cool.

Comments