Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 697: 2002 Fleer Ultra - #95

Barry Larkin
Year:
  2002
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  95

For the most part, I've always loved the Fleer Ultra brand and the 2002 set is no exception.  In fact, the overall design for 2002 Ultra is quite nice, though I do wish there wasn't as much foil involved on the front of the card.  The back of the card is nice as well (and foil free, hooray)!  I like the little tidbit about the 2001 season on the back of the card, I think that's a great way to record little historical moments for a player.  In fact, if only there was a brand that did that for each player consistently from year to year, you'd get a lovely little snapshot of that player's career highlights just by glancing through your PC binder!

For what it's worth, this is the 697th different Barry Larkin card that I've shown off in my collection - and I still have well over 100 more cards to go before I start getting to the bottom of my "unwritten" stack!  That said, I'm always looking to trade for any other Barry Larkin cards that I don't yet own so feel free to let me know if you have any for trade.  You can find all of the cards that I've written about to date here.  Unfortunately, I don't have any list of cards that I own but haven't yet posted about.  That might be a project for a rainy day but then I always think that rather than doing that I should simply write more posts about the cards that I do have scanned!

Comments

  1. I remember getting some 2002 Ultra as a young teenager and thinking the design may have been one of the coolest things I've ever seen - coming from a kid who grew up on cheap Topps and Score. Those things just shine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment