Featured Post

MLB Wild Card Playoff Predictions: Who I Want to Win vs. Who Will Win Plus a CONTEST!

The 2019 MLB season is officially over for my Reds.  They (finally) beat the Pirates in a couple of games to close out the year and in the process got the Pirates' manager fired (which I'm perfectly fine with that happening).  Actually, it was probably all of the clubhouse issues that got Clint Hurdle fired in Pittsburgh but it's more fun to think it was the Reds' fault. 

Anyhow, I digress.

With the Reds eliminated, it's time for me to take a fresh look at this year's MLB Wild Card Playoff Bracket and make my predictions as well as determine who I want to win each match-up. 

Tuesday, Oct. 1: National League wild-card game, Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals, 8 p.m. ET

Who I want to win:  Ew.  I don't like the Nationals at all but the Brewers are in the Reds' division and rooting for a divisional rival is icky.  That said, I still like the Brewers better than the Nationals so I'll be rooting for Milwaukee.
Who will win?  Washington, their pitching in a one game playoff is better in my opinion.

Wednesday, Oct. 2: American League wild-card game, Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland A's, 8 p.m. ET

Who I want to win:  Can both teams win?  Seriously, I love the small market mindset of both the Rays and the A's.  Since I have to choose though, I'm rooting for Oakland since I prefer Moneyball to "Openers."
Who will win?  I think the Athletics are the deeper team though in a one-game playoff anything can happen.

So there you have it, my picks are locked:
NL Wild Card winner:  Washington
AL Wild Card winner:  Oakland

Before I share any more of my playoff picks, I think it's time for a contest!  I made a Google Form for you to enter your selections for the various playoff series.  Anyone that gets every pick correct will be considered a winner and I'll come up with some sort of prize for each person that wins.  I figured that's more fun than having one winner based on some sort of random tie-breaker.  Your prize will correspond to either your want list (if I can help there) OR your favorite team as listed on the survey. 

All entries must be received prior to the start of the first MLB Playoff game, let's say no later than 7:00 PM EST on Tuesday, October 1.

Good luck everyone! 

Comments

Post a Comment