Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 698: 2002 Fleer Ultra - #95 - Gold Medallion parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  95
Parallel set:  Gold Medallion

The early 2000s were definitely an era of lots of parallels and Fleer was one of the leaders of that particular charge.  The Ultra line actually had parallels in it for quite some time but if I'm being honest I think the 2002 version of the parallel is one of the worst.  Other than the gold foil and the "Gold Medallion" label in small print on the backside of the card, there's nothing particularly interesting about the parallel.  This is basically a Topps Gold parallel without the serial numbering or border color change.  *Yawn.*

Still, a parallel is a parallel and if it's of Barry Larkin I want it for my collection.  I know first-hand how hard it is to track down all sorts of parallels so I'm definitely happy to have this card in my collection.  I mean, let's be honest - not every card can be a favorite, but I do love all the Larkin cards I can get my hands on!

Comments