Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 711: 2002 Upper Deck Ballpark Idols - #189

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand: Upper Deck Ballpark Idols
Card number:  189

The Upper Deck Ballpark Idols set from 2002 was a set that completely passed me by during it's print run.  In fact, if it weren't for me somehow acquiring this particular Barry Larkin card, I think I'd still be able to say I've never heard of the brand!

Looking at the above card, it isn't hard to see why the card set itself never took off (the brand only existed for one year).  Of course, for those that happened to like the set it's probably not because of the card design but rather that each hobby box contained a bobblehead. 

Unfortunately for player collectors, besides the base card there are also two parallels - bronze (#/100) and gold (#/25).  I don't own either of those myself and I doubt I will acquire them any time soon seeing as how unpopular this set was/is.  I should mention that Larkin was not included in the bobblehead portion of the set so at least that's one less thing for me to eventually try and track down!

Comments