Featured Post

COMC - Part 1: The Second Purchase (Complete Some Sets, Part 1!)

After spending a few days detailing the contents of my first COMC purchase, it's now time to turn our attention to my second order from the website this past month or so!

Since it's still the year 2019 (barely), I'm going to focus only on the portion of the purchase that finished off sets for me.  As I stated way back at the beginning of the year, my goal by the end of 2019 is to get my want list down to 100 (or fewer) sets so I need all the help I can get at the moment!

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Little Lions
LL-16.  Turkish Van

If I'm not mistaken, this particular mini was only available to those who bought the special A&G binders directly from Topps in 2014.  I hate exclusive minis like that, especially since they are otherwise numbered as if they are part of the regular issued Little Lions set.  I believe that there were six such exclusive minis and with the Turkish Van now tucked away in my binder I've managed to acquire all of them.  This is the officially the 40th set that I've completed in 2019 and I'm not done yet!

2015 Topps Archives:
Will Farrell insert:
WF-7.  Will Ferrell (White Sox)

I've had this card on my want list since virtually the day the set was announced.  I seemed to have acquired all of the other cards in the set without any issue but this particular card of Ferrell as a White Sox eluded me time and time again.  No more though - and now it's set #41 finished off this year!

2001 Topps Stadium Club:

The final batch of cards that I needed for my 2001 Stadium Club base set are all mine as well now!  That's 42 completed sets for the year...and I have one more post to write showing off a couple more finished sets from this particular COMC purchase!

Comments

  1. Forgot about the Will Ferrell insert set. Topps did a great job with that set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment