Featured Post

COMC - Part 2: The Rest of the Completed Sets!

I have quite a few more cool cards to show off from my latest COMC purchase but for today we are going to focus only on the remaining sets that I was able to finish off thanks to my purchase.  After all, completing sets was a big goal of mine for 2019 and we've only got two days remaining in the year!

1995 Topps Stadium Club
104.  Mark Johnson

This particular set has been a thorn in my side for quite some time.  I actually thought I had finished the set off earlier this year but when putting away the final few cards I realized that I had somehow screwed up putting cards in pages and was actually missing another card.  That's where Mr. Johnson comes in - and yes, he's actually the final card that I needed (and this is set #43 completed in 2019)!

2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs:
Extended Base set:

Somehow, someway I still hadn't completed my 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaur base set despite collecting the set for a number of years now.  Upper Deck made collecting the full base set challenging by making the last 50 cards all short prints.  Cards #101 - 125 were all Sea Creatures seeded 1:2.7 packs while cards #126 - #150 were Ice Age Creatures and seeded 1:8 packs!  It should be no surprise based on the odds that the last six cards that I needed were all of the super short print variety!

The Upper Deck Dinosaurs base set is the 44th different set that I've completed in 2019...and the final set that I was able to complete from my latest COMC order.  I hope to do one last "check-in" on my 2019 Resolutions and at that point I'll take final inventory in terms of the total number of sets completed (and see if I need to give up on any other sets that I had planned to collect in order to get my want list down to under 100 sets)!

Comments

  1. There's so much green on that Johnson card I thought it was a fake background at first, like Goudey or Heritage. Congrats on completing these sets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment