Featured Post

COMC - Part I: Two More Sets Completed!

I recently made a fairly large purchase on COMC with the goal of eliminating even more sets from my want list.  While I did end up buying a bunch of cards that didn't quite finish off sets, I was successful in finishing off two sets including the 2000 Fleer Tradition Ten-4 insert set.

I always liked the Ten-4 set, probably because I'm a sucker for die-cut cards.  The insert set itself is only ten cards big and somehow I still needed half of them to complete the set!  No more though and that's another set that I can completely remove from my want list now!

Incidentally, that's actually the second insert set from 2000 Fleer Tradition that I completed this year!

My other set that I (finally) finished off* was the 2008 Upper Deck Timelines beast of a set.

That Evan Longoria had eluded me for over a decade...but now I have the entire Timelines set complete including all of the hundreds of short prints (literally, not an exaggeration)!

*Actually, I had received a different copy of the Longoria in between the time I made the order on COMC and the time it arrived at my house!  Funny how I couldn't get this card for over a decade and then all of the sudden I have two of them in the span of a couple of weeks.

For those that are wondering, I've now completed 39 different sets in 2019.  Not bad - and hopefully I can complete one or two more prior to the end of the year yet!

Comments

  1. How do you normally store your small insert sets, like the ten card Fleer set? I alwaysblwhave a hard time choosing which is better, too loaders in a box or binder pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost all of my sets are stored in binder pages. I'm a big fan of being able to flip through binders of baseball cards!

      Delete
  2. Jeez, 39 sets completed in 2019? I can only dream of doing that. I barely have time to read a few blog posts and comment on them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing 39 sets this year! That's pretty darn impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment