Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 716: 2003 Donruss - #259 - Career Stat Line Parallel (#/188)

Barry Larkin
Year:
  2003
Brand:  Donruss
Parallel set:  Career Stat Line
Card number:  259 (# 161/188 )

Donruss is (in)famous for having parallels numbered out of weird values.  For example, this particular Larkin card is numbered out of 188 (Larkin's career number of home runs as of the 2002 season).  I believe that Donruss had a parallel like this for every player in the 2003 set, each numbered to some value specific to that player's career.  I guess it's an interesting concept in theory but I don't think it works all that well in execution (I mean, other than Larkin collectors who cares about getting a card numbered out of a value like 188)? 

As for the rest of the card, it's basically the same as the base card except for the background on the card front (and obviously the serial numbering on the back).  I don't have much else to add here except that there is another entire parallel set in this set (Stat Line Season) of which I don't (yet?) own Barry's card.  I wouldn't turn it down if someone sent me a copy of that card but I don't think I'll be rushing out to one of the card buying websites to purchase the card for myself any time soon.

Comments