Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 718: 2003 Donruss Classics - #83

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Donruss Classics
Card number:  83

If there's one thing you'll notice immediately about the 2003 Donruss Classics set, it must be that there is entirely too much gray in the design!  I guess the monotone design sort of makes the image of the player "pop" a bit, but I don't think it's enough to actually make the card look all that good.

Other version of this card include:
Beckett Sample (silver stamp)
Beckett Sample (gold stamp, much rarer than the silver)
Timeless Tributes parallel (#/100)
Atlantic City National parallel (#/5)
Signature Series partial parallel (quantity somewhere between 5 and 500)

In addition, Barry is part of the Dress Code relic set from 2003 Donruss Classics. 

Needless to say, I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I'm ever going to track down all of Larkin's cards from this particular set.  I already know I won't bother with the Atlantic City parallels since I'm not trying to include any cards numbered out of less than 25 in my collection.  Don't get me wrong, I won't turn down a rarer Larkin card if the opportunity arises but I'm not going to actively chase the super rare cards, at least for now when there's so many much more common Larkin cards to try and acquire!

Comments