- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm at the point in 2020 (still weird to type that) where I'm trying to clear my desk off of packages that arrived prior to the start of the calendar year. In actuality, I'm almost completely caught up in trade packages with one of the last ones I need to show off being from Marc (a package that arrived right around Christmastime so I'm really not far behind at all)!
Marc sent a bunch of goodies my way but as a set collector I need to start with the new additions to the various sets that I'm still working on.
2017 Topps Archives:
2. Buster Posey & 255. Reggie Jackson
It's kind of shocking to me how many 2017 Archives cards there are that I'm still missing. Getting closer, whether it's one card or twenty is always appreciated!
2001 Upper Deck Vintage:
364. Marlins Rookies
Three guys that at least all ended up with a cup of coffee in the majors (quite a bit more in the case of Grilli). Upper Deck clearly ripped off Topps with the 2001 Vintage set but that's okay with me - I love the design of these so much!
1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated
179. Roger Clemens
Continuing to work backwards through time, we reach one of the four sets that I'm still working on from back in 1998. I don't have much to say about the Clemens card other than I kind of like the calendar in the background of the image, it goes well with the "Year in Review" theme of the subset.
1992 Upper Deck
Marc sent me a stack of about six different cards that I needed from the 1992 Upper Deck set. I only truly decided to go for the full '92 UD set last year so with that in mind I've made good progress on the full set since I'm now only missing nine cards from the set. Unfortunately for me, of those nine cards two of them are the first two cards in the set (having two blank spots in my 9-pocket pages for the set to start things off makes me feel sad)! On the bright side, Marc had cards #3, 4, and 5 for me so at least that first page is no longer over half empty!
In addition to all of the set help, Marc also threw in some other goodies for me including a big prize for me (despite their diminutive sizes): a pair of Barry Larkin Panini stickers!
Those Panini stickers can be tough to come by so getting a couple of different ones of the main player that I collect is always super appreciated! I'll have more to say about each of the stickers when I feature them in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts.
And finally, last but certainly not least, Marc threw in a pair of Reds hits for me including an autograph numbered out of 100.
I don't get many Reds autographs and I'm not sure if I have any die-cut autographs so this card is pretty cool for both of those reasons!
The other hit Marc sent along was this giant red swatch of cloth that presumably belonged to Jose Peraza at some point in time.
Peraza kind of flamed out as a Red but man, a couple more cards like this and I might be able to stitch together a new Reds jersey...that's a lot of material!
Thanks (as always) for the awesome trade, Marc. As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!
Marc sent a bunch of goodies my way but as a set collector I need to start with the new additions to the various sets that I'm still working on.
2017 Topps Archives:
2. Buster Posey & 255. Reggie Jackson
It's kind of shocking to me how many 2017 Archives cards there are that I'm still missing. Getting closer, whether it's one card or twenty is always appreciated!
2001 Upper Deck Vintage:
364. Marlins Rookies
Three guys that at least all ended up with a cup of coffee in the majors (quite a bit more in the case of Grilli). Upper Deck clearly ripped off Topps with the 2001 Vintage set but that's okay with me - I love the design of these so much!
1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated
179. Roger Clemens
Continuing to work backwards through time, we reach one of the four sets that I'm still working on from back in 1998. I don't have much to say about the Clemens card other than I kind of like the calendar in the background of the image, it goes well with the "Year in Review" theme of the subset.
1992 Upper Deck
Marc sent me a stack of about six different cards that I needed from the 1992 Upper Deck set. I only truly decided to go for the full '92 UD set last year so with that in mind I've made good progress on the full set since I'm now only missing nine cards from the set. Unfortunately for me, of those nine cards two of them are the first two cards in the set (having two blank spots in my 9-pocket pages for the set to start things off makes me feel sad)! On the bright side, Marc had cards #3, 4, and 5 for me so at least that first page is no longer over half empty!
In addition to all of the set help, Marc also threw in some other goodies for me including a big prize for me (despite their diminutive sizes): a pair of Barry Larkin Panini stickers!
Those Panini stickers can be tough to come by so getting a couple of different ones of the main player that I collect is always super appreciated! I'll have more to say about each of the stickers when I feature them in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts.
And finally, last but certainly not least, Marc threw in a pair of Reds hits for me including an autograph numbered out of 100.
I don't get many Reds autographs and I'm not sure if I have any die-cut autographs so this card is pretty cool for both of those reasons!
The other hit Marc sent along was this giant red swatch of cloth that presumably belonged to Jose Peraza at some point in time.
Peraza kind of flamed out as a Red but man, a couple more cards like this and I might be able to stitch together a new Reds jersey...that's a lot of material!
Thanks (as always) for the awesome trade, Marc. As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!
Comments







I'm hoping Peraza ends up being a decent signing for the Red Sox. We just need stability at second base.
ReplyDeleteThat Reggie looks familiar..guess you'll have two now :/
ReplyDeleteYeah, funny how trades work! Wait for two years - nothing. Then in the span of a couple of weeks, bam! Two copies of the same card.
Delete