Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #9

Back-to-back days with AL Central teams!

#9:  Minnesota Twins (2019 rank:  #15)

The Twins have been one of the teams on the rise in my rankings in part because they've slowly become a bit more relevant the last few years (I guess)?  I also think their ballpark looks really nice and I'd love to get there some day!

The current Twins are kind of interesting to me in that they signed former Reds' pitcher Homer Bailey.  Homer was fun for awhile as a Red but he definitely wore out his welcome with the club.  That said, I do hope the guy does well for Minnesota.

In addition, the Twins feature a lineup for 2020 that could easily be one of the most explosive lineups in all of baseball.  Whether you like Minnesota or not, I don't think there will be any debate that they are an interesting team to watch.  Plus, if Homer returns to the form he had when he left Cincinnati (you know, the guy who lived up to his name which isn't a good thing as a pitcher named Homer), then the Twins might just need all that offense to stay in games!

Guessing the next team should be easier and easier (and writing clues is becoming harder and harder) but that's alright.  Next on the rankings is another team (much like the Twins) that went from being ranked in the middle third of teams last year to creeping into the Top 10 this year.

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  Chicago Cubs
#23:  Milwaukee Brewers
#22:  Houston Astros
#21:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#20:  Atlanta Braves
#19:  Los Angeles Angels
#18:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#17:  Texas Rangers
#16:  San Diego Padres
#15:  Baltimore Orioles
#14:  Colorado Rockies
#13:  Kansas City Royals
#12:  Toronto Blue Jays
#11:  Oakland Athletics
#10:  Chicago White Sox
#9:  Minnesota Twins
#8:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
23  John Sharp
23  P-Town Tom
16  bbcardz
15 hockey kazi
26  Brett Alan
17  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
22 Matt
2 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher
1 CrazieJoe

Comments

  1. I've been to Target Field. It's a nice place to take in a game. Oddly enough, what I remember the most is having fried cod on a stick. It was pretty Meh overall.
    The Seattle Vogelmonsters are next. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cod? Nah, it's walleye or bust in MN! Target Field is one of my favorite places to see a game, though I admit that I am biased as a Twins fan.
    Seattle has the fried grasshoppers, though, tough to beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... maybe it was walleye. Either way, it was weird.
      I haven't bring myself to try to the fried grasshoppers while in Seattle. I think I'll need a few adult beverages before I can be convinced to experiment!

      Delete
  3. My favorite Rays player of All-Time, Rocco Baldelli, is now the Twins manager.
    Probably the best thing about the hated Twinkies.

    My Tigers have made the Top 8!

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets try Tigers again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the Twins are now a lot more relevant than they've been before. I hope Kenta Maeda does well for them.

    I think we'll see Arizona next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I think of the Twins, I think of the Baseball Project's song about their history, "Don't Call Them Twinkies". Not much else, I guess. I mean, Rod Carew and maybe Killebrew from when I was a kid (Killebrew left when I was still pretty young). Don't have a real rooting interest for or against.

    I'll guess the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like the Twins a lot more if they could ever beat the Yankees in the postseason. I'm sticking with Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few relatives who are big Twins fans. I wasn't a big fan of them for that... but I did enjoy rooting for Puckett. As for guessing the next team... how about the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment