Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #25

We are out of the bottom five portion of the MLB team countdown and much to many guesser's dismay we still haven't found where the Houston Astros Asterisks land.  Instead, team #25 is none other than:

#25:  Miami Marlins  (2019 rank:  21)

The Marlins continued slide into irrelevancy has dropped them even further down my list of teams I like.  I don't mind bad teams per se (I mean, I'm a Reds fan after all so I've seen my fair share of bad teams lately) but I do hate bad teams that don't seem to try or care.  Even worse, I hate teams that appear to take advantage of the general population.  The Miami Marlins are guilty of both and they can probably thank their lucky stars that they aren't ranked any lower than they already are!

Another reason the Marlins are so low on my list?
A Bowman Marlins card?  Topps could easily make up random people and most of us would be none the wiser.

I actually get annoyed whenever I pull a Marlins card that I don't need for my own collection.  There are a few teams out there that seem to have virtually no collectors and the Marlins are one such team.  The only bright spot is that Topps seems to know that no one likes the Marlins and so the team isn't overly represented in most sets.  Even so, I have a ton of unwanted Marlins cards so if you happen to know of a Marlins' collector send him or her my way!

Next up on the countdown?  Another team that's been mentioned quite a bit already in the comments.  I will say that this is a team that plays in a stadium that I've actually been to but it was one of the worst baseball stadium experiences that I've ever had.  On the flip side, the team after that (i.e. #23) is another team for whom I've been to their home stadium, but for that team it was one of the best baseball stadium experiences I've ever been part of!

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
5  John Sharp
4  P-Town Tom
3  bbcardz
3  hockey kazi
7  Brett Alan
4  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
5  Matt
1 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher

Comments

  1. This is the truest thing I have read on the internet today: "I actually get annoyed whenever I pull a Marlins card that I don't need for my own collection."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Bowman could make up guys from MY team for 1st Bowmans and I'd probably not realize it! I bought some older 1st Bowman Mets recently in a nickel box and they were guys I'd never heard of (because if I'd heard of them, they wouldn't have been in a nickel box!).

    I guess of the teams in the same division as the Mets, the Marlins are the ones I have the least negative about. Although Jeter's involvement doesn't help, and there's the whole thing about them selling off players after winning it all--twice! Still, their unis are nice and colorful, they recently employed Curtis Granderson, and we beat them a lot, so there's that.

    OK...a bad experience at their stadium? Why do I get the feeling that you mentioned this on the blog, and I should know? I'll say Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picking Diamondbacks as I believe they're in the same boat as the Marlins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind Marlins cards, bit that's due to my living in Florida for mist of the teams existence, including living in JAX, the Double-A home of guys like Giancarlo Stanton, J.T. Realmuto, and Christian Yelich.

    I hope my Tigers aren't coming up anytime soon.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the Marlins are pretty sorry. I'm wondering how long they'll stay sorry. I'm thinking Detroit is up next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever becomes the first Marlins card blogger is gonna feel like he/she won the lottery. I'm sure there are a bunch of us just looking to dump excess Marlins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Marlins deserve a bump up for no other reason than getting rid of that horrendous display in center field. I've predicted Houston the past few times, so I guess I'll stay the course for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one got the next team right which was a little surprising to me. I was sure I had mentioned previously (more than once even) about how bad of a time I had at Wrigley Field the one time I went there. So freakin' cold that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment