Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #27

For most of us, today is all about the Superbowl (and then after that's over it's finally time for baseball season again)!  It's kind of fitting that team #27 landed on Superbowl Sunday since the big game features the San Francisco 49ers...and it's the San Francisco Giants who reside in spot #27 on my list.

#27:  San Francisco Giants (2019 ranking:  #28)

Time may heal all wounds but as you can see it's going to take more than a year or two before the Giants get back in my good graces.  Frankly, I blame the Giants comeback victory in the Reds/Giants playoff series for the Reds' rapid fall into despair.  After all, the Reds won the first two games on the road and only had to win one of three games at home but they failed miserably.  A Buster Posey grand slam pretty much doomed the Reds...and in the process doomed San Francisco to be near the bottom of my MLB team rankings.

Truth be told, if the Reds ever manage to win a playoff series again then the Giants stock will probably rise a bit.  I love seeing their stadium on TV - it's definitely a place I want to take in a game some day.  I also don't have much against most of the current Giants.  Heck, I'm not even sure I can name more than three or four current Giants.  Still, old wounds and all that puts San Francisco down at #27 this year and they'll probably remain low in my rankings until the Reds finally get a playoff series win.

Next up?  A team with a bunch of players that simply don't like.

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
3  John Sharp
2  P-Town Tom
1  bbcardz
3  hockey kazi
4  Brett Alan
3  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
3  Matt
1 Trevor P.

Comments

  1. There ballpark , and where it is situated on the bay, is just fantastic.
    I think it's about time for the Cubs to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Giants fan, after all, they swept my Tigers in the 2012 World Series, but you did show a card of my favorite SF player, First Baseman Brandon Belt.

    Sounds like the Cubbies are on deck.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Giants are probably a team I should like more...roots in New York and a direct connection to my Mets, plus I have family in the Bay Area. But I've never liked them. A lot of it is the uniforms...I just never root for teams with black uniforms. (OK, the Mets went BFBS for a while, but the color scheme was a lot brighter, and anyway I was committed to them long before that.) Of course the whole Bonds PED era doesn't help.

    Interesting that they're all original teams so far! Since everyone's guessing the Cubs, I'm going to say the Padres...maybe Machado and Hosmer, for instance, are guys you don't like. I could see that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how us Dodgers fans feel about the Giants--grrr! What's funny is that the few Giants fans I've ever communicated with (via the Internet) have always been really nice to me. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised but it's heartwarming and appreciated.

    I think maybe we'll see the Brewers next in the rankings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that the Giants aren't winning World Series every other year... I don't dislike them as much as I have in the past. I mean... they're still in my Top 5 disliked teams... but they're more towards #26 or #27.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Giants would be low on my list only because of the whole Sandoval mess...I'll stick with the Astros for #26 for now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one saw the Nationals coming in at #26 but even a wrong guess (or any other comment) is worth an entry so long as it happens prior to the next blog post in the countdown being published. Maybe my clues were a little too oblique?

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment