Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 732: 2003 Leaf - #151

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Leaf
Card number:  151

The 2003 Leaf brand (like pretty much all Leaf offerings) was a set that I completely ignored when it was released.  Based on this one base card representative, I don't think I missed out on much by not purchasing any of the set.  There's nothing inherently wrong with the design, but it's so uninspired that I can't say I like it all that much.

There's only one Barry Larkin card in the set (the above base card) but unfortunately for Larkin collectors that particular base card happens to have a whopping five parallels (a Red Press Proof, a Blue Press Proof #/25, and a Green Throwback Logo #/25 were the standard three plus two card show parallels:  2003 National Sports Collectors in Atlantic City and 2003 Orange County).  Apparently each of the card show parallels are numbered out of only 5 copies so I'm fairly certain I'll never see one in my collection!

All told, I can't say I have a lot of interest in trying to chase down the remaining parallels.  Maybe someday I'll attempt to the get the fairly common Red Press Proof (those were originally seeded 1:12 packs) but otherwise I think I'll consider this set "complete" in terms of what Larkin cards I realistically hope to acquire. 

Comments