Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Steve (Topps Archives in the House!)

One of my longest running features on my blog is my Trade Stack.  The basic idea of the Trade Stack is that every so often I add a card to the pile.  Eventually, the pile of cards gets large enough to tempt someone into claiming the entire stack.  The deal is that you get the entire pile of cards mailed to you but you must send me at least one card off of my want list.

The most recent Trade Stack (#98 in the series!!!) was claimed by blog reader Steve (who I don't think has a blog but correct me if I'm wrong Steve).  Steve ended up with a nice stack of cards from me and as part of the deal, he sent me a card off of my want list.

That's a 2017 Topps Archives base card of ex-Red Aaron Boone.

I like the 2017 Archives set a lot though I decided to skip collecting any of the short prints.  Despite it now being the year 2020, I'm still missing 13 base cards from the 2017 Archives set.  For those who might be wondering, here's what I'm still looking for from the set:

52.  Bo Jackson
72.  Edgar Martinez
103.  Alex Reyes
132.  Andrew Benintendi
142.  Carlos Asuaje
202.  Felix Hernandez
204.  Warren Spahn
207.  Juan Marichal
215.  Tyler Austin
284.  Jake Arrieta
288.  Natt Strahm
291.  Hunter Dozier
300.  Derek Jeter

In addition to the Archives card, Steve also threw in a second card for me - a nice gold parallel of Jonathan Broxton (#/2013).

Thanks for the trade, Steve!  As for everyone else, keep an eye out on this blog for more additions to the Trade Stack.  Who knows when something will catch your eye!

Comments

  1. I keep forgetting to see if I have any of your Archives needs, this'll serve as a good reminder to do so sometime in the next couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 2017 was around the time when I started having trouble finding Archives blasters at my local Targets. I checked my blog and it doesn't look like I opened any packs of this stuff. Then I checked my eBay purchases and discovered I picked up a complete set over there instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment